Monday, November 12, 2012

The First Two Rules of Fight Club...



No, I did not just get into a fight.  But yes, this is what my face looks like today, and your welcome for posting in black and white instead of color.  That Murphy's law thing, which says what can go wrong will go wrong, held true last night.  In the midst of preparing for a criminal bench trial for this morning, I thought I'd do a little work around the house.  Without getting into the hows, I now have a fantastic cut right between the eyes that makes me look like I spend my nights with "no shirt and no shoes."  Of course this happens on the eve of trial, when I have to spend hours in front of various people convincing them to do what I want them to.  Not on a Friday evening, or even before a day where I get to sit in the cozy of my office as wounds heal.

And to top it off, when I went to CVS to get some butterfly bandages, they only had bright white.  Great.  So I took it off during court thinking it would actually be better than no bandage at all.  Wrong.  "That's going to scar," was the more popular comment to my cut.  Thankfully we worked out my case without trial, and I now sit coolly back at the office with lovely white bandages over my face.  From now on, when people ask what happened I'm just going to remember the first two rules of fight club (you do not talk about fight club) and keep my mouth shut.

JD


John D. Duncan is president of J.D. Duncan, PC, founding partner of Prater, Duncan & Craig, LLC in Newnan, Georgia, and is Esquire by Day.  You can find him at www.jdduncanlaw.com, or follow him on twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment