Thursday, October 4, 2012

What a great day!




Wow, do I love this weather!  It’s been a few weeks since my last entry, and I have really missed writing.  After my trip in early September, I came back with a nasty cold that continues to linger, and I also enjoyed a rather unexpected trip to see my brother at the Food and Wine Festival in Orlando.  Needless to say, getting back into the swing of things has taken some time.

Now that I’m back, I am loving the weather here in Newnan (or Senoia today, more correctly).  I was just released from Senoia Municipal Court and am currently enjoying a coffee and scone from the Senoia Coffee & Cafe’.  I come to Senoia every now and then, but have never been to the coffee shop before.  After watching Rutledge from Top Gear USA drive through a month ago, I had to try it.  Now I’m sitting outside in what must be low 70s, but I’m a terrible judge of temperature.  All I really know is that I’m not sweating through my Dockers.  This is the best way to enjoy today, though, since I can’t put the top down on my car because I’m carrying around refreshments for the Newnan-Coweta Bar Association Dinner tonight.

I am having a blueberry scone, which is delicious, and the house specialty Zombie Dark Roast, named because AMC films The Walking Dead here.  I may have a new favorite.

I suppose some people might say that writing a blog is rather pretentious.  Why would anyone want to read dribble like this, especially from a lawyer?  Well, for today at least, I just would like to share this great morning with someone, and since it’s just me here, you get the invite.  No profound words of wisdom or insightful commentary on something I just experienced; just a good day to be alive.

Best,

JD


John D. Duncan is president of J.D. Duncan, PC, founding partner of Prater, Duncan & Craig, LLC in Newnan, Georgia, and is Esquire by Day.  You can find him at www.jdduncanlaw.com, or follow him on twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment