Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Out of the Office



I have taken my own advice and left the office for a much needed vacation.  And yes, I am at Walt Disney World in Florida.  If you've never been, you really have to go.  Don't worry; there are plenty of things for adults to do while you're down there.  I am a total Disney nerd, having spent many days in Orlando as a kid since my grandparents live so close.  Now that I have my own family, it's fun to see the little one play around on the same stuff I enjoyed years ago.

So my goal, as with any vacation, is to do as little work as absolutely possible.  I have asked my receptionist to relay any messages I might receive, email is up and running, and I can always use Skype to get in immediate contact with my staff.  Seems like a good plan.

I also have my RocketMatter account for the management of my practice, which is a cloud-based system that I love.  This keeps my client information handy, and with the extra use of Dropbox, I have all the documents I might need in a hurry.

I guess my number-one goal is to simply stay in touch with my office.  A lot can go on in one day, and I imagine that touching base will not only keep my clients calm, but also alleviate some of the stress created for the office by my absence.

We'll see what the week holds for my practice, but hopefully it will be filled with more cotton candy than disgruntled clients.

Best,

JD


John D. Duncan is president of J.D. Duncan, PC, founding partner of Prater, Duncan & Craig, LLC in Newnan, Georgia, and is Esquire by Day.  You can find him at www.jdduncanlaw.com, or follow him on twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment