Monday, January 28, 2013

I had to laugh

At myself, that is.  Picture this:  having lunch with my fellow Newnan-Coweta Bar Association Board at Fabiano's to discuss upcoming involvement in local moot court competition.  Good conversation over lunch, good food, business concluded.  Lunch right down the road from courthouse, where I am due to appear about 30 minutes later.  Check paid, saying our goodbyes.  SPLASH!!!  Water spills all over me and my iPad.  We all jump up in hopes not to get wet.  Everyone else was luckier than me, but I'm more concerned about ruining my electronics.  iPad saved, but I am soaked.  Yes, this should be a fantastic day in court now.



Every now and then, I totally embarrass myself like this.  All I can do is laugh.  No need to be the court jester, but it's far easier to laugh than to scowl (and way more fun).

And for the record, I dried off with time to spare before I spent a moment before Judge Blackmon.  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment